Subject: Re: routing issue
To: Aaron Webster <aaronweb@iinet.net.au>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/28/2005 12:48:01
On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:01:14 +0800
Aaron Webster <aaronweb@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> This was not the problem however as i had this set in /etc/sysctl.conf.
> I have managed to figure out some more to the problem but still find
> myself unable to fix it. The problem is not the routing tables but
> appears to be a NAT issue. I have recompiled the kernel a heap of
> times and still nat will not work. i have made sure anything remotely
> connected to ipnat/filters is turned on in the kernel. When i try to
> start /etc/rc.d/ipnat i get a heap of errors like
> /dev/ipnat : open : no such file or directory

You mention recompiling the kernel -- you might want to recompile the
userland as well to ensure that you have matching versions of the userland
and kernel NAT stuff.  NAT works on my Cobalt, running a year-old -current
tree (just to encourage you to keep plugging away).

If you're still having problems, you might want to post the ipnat.conf and
ipf.conf files you are using.

Good luck,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.com