Subject: Re: mount_smbfs problems
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/09/2005 15:24:01
I agree with you on the point of changing large install base. I was just
thinking that having all the numbers different on all the different
ports does not help the understanding.

I guess there is a little point to have all the numbers change but it
would be nice if the new numbers would match the existing ones. This way
new user would not spend much time trying to figure out what number to
assign. The document describing details would be nice as well (if there
isn't one already).

One thing I am kind of surprised about is that no one run in to this
problem before. I can't believe that no one tried to run samba server on
the qube.

Thanks,
Alex