Subject: Re: Cobalt Restore CD & Laptop NIC's
To: Michael Bramley <brams@mac.com>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/18/2005 15:46:22
I had no luck with any laptops. I had limited luck with desktops as
well. If it is not supported you will obviously have limited luck with
it. The only suggestion is to find another machine.

If anyone can tell me if 1.6.2 user land can work with 2.0 kernel I can
make a new image with 2.0 kernel on it and hopefully this will improve
hardware support.
I examined the possibility of making restore cd based on 2.0 userland
but 2.0 is using shared libraries and it is hard to figure out
dependencies without a tool. I am too involved at work at the moment to
dedicate much time to this.

Thanks,
Alex