Subject: Re: Restore CD 2.0-1 may still have issue for some install *** Feedbackplease
To: None <david_albert@axiometric.com>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/18/2005 14:23:16
David Albert wrote:
> I get exactly the same error as Daniel did when I installed using the 2.0.1
> restore CD on a stock RaQ2+ (256MB, 16GB) previously running 1.6.1.  It's
> good to know there's a patch, but how can I use the patch with the restore
> CD?  The system now drops to the debugger after the panic.  Does the restore
> CD not work for RaQ2s?  Is there any plan to fix this or should I try 1.6.2?

We will address this, or if you like. You can follow Alex instruction to
make your own CD.

One thing I was looking into, but time is always short here, is actually
when the server boot and load the kernel, to stop the process via the
console and then disable the SCSI stuff from there.

May be just that easy to get the box to continue to load and then you
have the full working server, you then can make the changes for good,
compile a new kernel and be done without the needs for a new CD.

This may well work, but I didn't try it yet.

Thats' a thought however.

Daniel