Subject: Re: Cobalt Qube2 as a wlan AP.
To: Thomas Feddersen <Thomas.Feddersen@t-online.de>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/18/2005 11:20:07
Hi,
It is definitely possible to put disk in to the sleep mode as well as
suspend and idle. Look at atactl man page. As far as fan goes, if you
are handy with soldering iron you can whip up simple voltage regulator
for the fan. I did it for my Qube and it helps a lot. When temperature
rises fan kicks in. You can also replace the fan with a high quality one.
This is the one I build for myself
http://www.heatsink-guide.com/tempcontrol.htm. The tricky part is to
adjust the temperature because when you put the case back on temperature
goes up a bit so you should allow for that.

Thanks,
Alex