Subject: Re: Restore CD 2.0-1 may still have issue for some install *** Feedback
To: Peter Rushmere <pete.rushmere@clara.co.uk>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/10/2005 03:38:03
Peter Rushmere wrote:

>> Here is a propose kernel configuration for the 2.0 Restore CD.
>> http://netbsd.ouellet.biz/iso/propose-config-20.html
>

> Looks good to me.. I'll send you my dmesg when I get home tonight.
> Would like to see the lcd panel in there, I know it's not everybody's
> preference but can always be disabled in inetd.conf ...

Agree!

I would to like to see the:

lcd0		at mainbus?

as well. But I don't see it as an option in the 2.0. I saw a few emails
on the list saying the code is now in the default kernel. We should
confirm this and if so, then the kernel configuration file of the Cobalt
should reflect that as well.

Or may be it was rename:

panel0 		at mainbus? addr 0x1f000000

Or that could still be only the button.

Not sure.

We should get confirmation of this and yes definitely would be nice to
have the display! (:>

Regards,

Daniel