Subject: Re: 2.0 upgrade
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/09/2005 07:54:28
On 9 Mar 2005, at 03:37, Daniel Ouellet wrote:

> Each person if free to compile what they fell they needs. I see no
> good reason to roll out a big fat kernel to everyone and have plenty
> of unused stuff distribute to everyone in case a minority wants to use
> one possible card.
>
> That's like saying the needs of the few out way the needs of the
> many...

Surely that's the point of the GENERIC kernel config, something that
will work on 99% of the hardware? Your idea of a stripped kernel config
is probably different to someone else, and I don't think you should be
forced into a kernel recompile immediately after install to turn basic
stuff back on again.

Matt