Subject: Re: Samba Performance
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Lance Zane <tweak42@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2005 20:20:24
My Qube2 w/64mb ram at best was able to kick out 2.0 - 2.2
Megabytes/sec samba transfers using debian linux.  I was using the
same testing methodology, a directory of about 500 megs of files.

I've read something about the pci implementation is broken or only
half working such is why the slow speeds for a 100base line.  My Qube2
is presently gathering dust because at those speeds the unit is
painfully slow to use as a file server.