Subject: Re: Anyone care to post if restore cds work ?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2005 11:00:36
I dont think on 1.6.2 which I use mfs is used at all for device nodes.
Something else at play here.

As far as qemu goes, unfortunately something is wrong with my home
desktop and it refuses to boot netbsd. It has one of these OEM
motherboards made specifically for SONY VAIO. Kernel goes until ide
bringup and then gets stuck wating for some interrupt. I gave up on this
long time ago. So no go installing dual boot or under qemu, unless it
boots in to some sort of cpu virtual machine with emulated devices. I
think I can install it on my work laptop under vmware but I dont want to
mix work and play :).

It would be easier for me to get another machine, I think I have 2 or 3
sitting in the garage + various motherboards and another parts.

I tried qemu live cd and "a little leisurely" is an understatement :).

Thanks,
Alex