Subject: Re: Anyone care to post if restore cds work ?
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2005 18:34:08
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Alex Pelts wrote:

> While it would be useful to make init create mfs filesystem of sufficient
> size, I would like to know why MAKDEV does not work for 2.0 and does work for
> 1.6.1 on the original cd ? I will try to dig out hard drive from one of my

 	My guess would be the 2.0 MAKEDEV creates more device nodes and it
 	overflows the size of the mfs, while 1.6.1 fitted.

> old machines and run installation again. My problem is that qube is my only
> unix machine at home. My other computer is XP and my wife's laptop is XP as
> well. I have lots of old parts and probably can put anoter machine together
> for x86 NetBSD box. I am normally a linux person (don't throw too many stones
> :)).

 	You can always dual boot a box, or if you must run windows you may
 	have some luck with running NetBSD under QEMU for windows:
 	    http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/
 	I run WindowsXP and Win2K under qemu on NetBSD on my laptop
 	and while they are a little leisurely they can prove very handy
 	for testing out things.