Subject: Samba Performance
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: David Albert <david_albert@hotmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2005 11:14:08
I have seen very slow samba transfers on my Raq2 and Raq3.  Does anyone =
know
why this is?  Carsten reports 2.5kBps (25kbps) below which is extremely =
bad
(Carsten, was I reading that correctly?). I get more like 5Mbps on the =
Raq2,
but both are mighty slow for a 100-baseT Ethernet connection.  A 250MHz
machine should come close to saturating the line.  (I run NetBSD 1.6.1 =
and
Samba 3.0.11 on the Raq2).  Does anyone else see similar performance? =20

I am measuring by transferring a large directory and timing the
transfer...is there a better way?  Thanks!

Regards,
Dave