Subject: Re: 1.6.2 and 2.0 restore CDs
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@realconnect.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/04/2005 17:25:47
Alex Pelts wrote:
> Thanks to all, who replied. I need to go to a customer site now, but in
> the evening I will bring the whole thing online.
> I plan to host http server + torrents. My upstream bandwidth is very
> limited - 384Kbps so don't expect highs speeds on http downloads. I will
>  contact people who offered to host the images with url to get them. For
> the people who wants to keep bittorrent up I will post message in to
> this ml with the tracker location.

I can put it in a peering location where bandwidth is really not an
issue what so ever if need be. I don't think it's required, but if so, I
have no problem doing that. I can put it on my server at home. It's on a
full T1, so that should really be reliable and allow for good download,
but if I see the download getting to big, I have no problem making
multiple copies of it available at multiple locations. I own an ISP on
the east of the US, so I have the mean to do it.

> For people who is interested image sizes are:
> 93547544 Mar  4 13:38 image-162.iso.gz
> 140666560 Mar  4 14:03 image-20.iso.gz
>
> Please note that both CDs are untested and someone will need to test
> them and post a message if they work or not. I would, but I dont have a
> spare qube or hard drive handy.

Spare RaQ2. Plenty here and I even have one that I am looking at right
now sitting in the leaving room. (;>

> I have plans to describe the procedure and post it in this ml. It is
> very simple and if it works anyone would be able to do this.
>
> Thanks to  everyone participating. And thanks to Dennis Chernoivanov for
> creating Restore CD in the first place.

You bet! Dennis did a great job to start this and make it easy for
everyone. You follow in the step to provide great upgrade to it and many
will appreciate your efforts big time!

Daniel