Subject: Re: 1.6.2 and 2.0 restore CDs
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/04/2005 15:24:41
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:07:16 -0800, Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all, who replied. I need to go to a customer site now, but in
> the evening I will bring the whole thing online.
> I plan to host http server + torrents. My upstream bandwidth is very
> limited - 384Kbps so don't expect highs speeds on http downloads. I will
>   contact people who offered to host the images with url to get them.
> For the people who wants to keep bittorrent up I will post message in to
> this ml with the tracker location.
>
> For people who is interested image sizes are:
> 93547544 Mar  4 13:38 image-162.iso.gz
> 140666560 Mar  4 14:03 image-20.iso.gz
>
> Please note that both CDs are untested and someone will need to test
> them and post a message if they work or not. I would, but I dont have a
> spare qube or hard drive handy.
>
> I have plans to describe the procedure and post it in this ml. It is
> very simple and if it works anyone would be able to do this.
>
> Thanks to  everyone participating. And thanks to Dennis Chernoivanov for
> creating Restore CD in the first place.

Hey, thanks for doing this work. I said earlier that I would look at
doing this but I never got around to doing it. So the least I can do
is give up some bandwidth to help you out. When a few of us start to
get the torrents and the ball starts rolling, they should spread
around soon enough. Patience is a virtue :)

Andy