Subject: Re: upgrading a qube2 with netbsd 1.6.1 to 2.0
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/03/2005 13:57:01
You can always try a patch with -n flag (if I am not mistaking). Patch
will tell you if it is already applied.

I can make 2.0 restore cd the same way as I made 1.6.2 by replacing sets
and kernel in 1.6.1 cd. It should get qube to a bootable state and
should be faster than doing it by hand.
The only problem with restore cd that it does not do upgrades but it is
nice for bringing empty qube to a running state.

The beauty of a qube is in the mips processor. It is very low power plus
it is hard to hack with stack overflow and similar exploits. Most of
them are for x86 architecture. Unfortunately the one in the qube is a
bit old. It takes me long time to get anything compiled on it.

I will look at making 2.0 cd tonight when I get home.

Thanks,
Alex