Subject: Re: upgrading a qube2 with netbsd 1.6.1 to 2.0
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/03/2005 15:09:28
On Thursday, March 3, 2005, Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, no problem. I'm glad I could help.

To me it seems that there is only a small number of people using
NetBSD on a Cobalt Qube, so every help is greatly appreciated,
especially by a real newbie like me :-)

> I haven't used the LCD panel, but you're not the first person that has
> said this. I've got mine all tucked away in the corner so I can't see
> the back of it.

I think the same will happen to my Qube, at least when it has finally
found its place in my room.

> If the device driver seems to be working (meaning dmesg has no
> errors)... Is there actually a /dev/lcd file?

Yes, there is:

crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  34, 0 Feb 28 16:59 lcd

--
Carsten