Subject: Re: upgrading a qube2 with netbsd 1.6.1 to 2.0
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/03/2005 13:21:13
Following Andy's suggestions it seems that I successfully upgraded my
Qube II from NetBSD 1.6.1 to 2.0. Thanks!

There is still a problem with the LCD on the back of the Qube. When I
switch on the Qube, "Starting up" is displayed. A few seconds later
the LCD becomes empty and stays in this state. In /var/log/messages,
I find the following line:

Mar  3 13:34:11 qube paneld[537]: cannot attach to device hd44780, node /dev/lcd

Writing to the LCD using "echo" (for example: echo "Qube" > /dev/lcd)
also fails - nothing appears on the LCD.

Although I do not really need the LCD, I would be glad to know *why* it
does not work and how to get it to working.

--
Regards
Carsten