Subject: Re: "pmap_unwire: wiring ... didn't change!"
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/28/2005 16:58:56
Some of the processors will allow you to make it write-trough instead of
write-back. I am not sure if the cube is of that variety but I think it
is not. Although I dont know if that would help.
The closest thing to disabling cache would be to allocate buffers for
suspected operation from Kseg1 segment which is uncached. Unfortunately
I dont think it is possible as this memory also unmapped which would
kill its use in user space. Although it might be possible to setup some
specific test with hacked kernel just to find this bug.

Is that a bad idea ?

Alex