Subject: changes to pkgsrc -current; bad for MIPS?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/12/2005 09:08:22
Hi all;

I've been running 1.6.1 with -current for my pkgsrc since I first
installed NEtBSD on my Qube 2 via netboot CD.

I updated pkgsrc recently, and updated openssl (which worked, but means
I have to update 6 or 7 other things that depend on it).

Trouble is, I'm getting strange and not yet resolvable issues...

openssh-3.9.1nb4 for example fails with an assembler error (unknown
option sw I think it was)
libxml2 won't compile, "compiler unable to make executables"

there's nothing more specific in config.log than what gets written to
stdout.

Some things seem OK but anything needing crypto seems to break.  And
with openSSH failing, I think I'm stuck.  libcrypto.so.300 is in
openssh, right?

I had done a pkg_tarup of some of the things on my system to use to go
back to, but I forgot to do openssl/openssh before I updated the
openssl and started this mess.

Any known issues for anyone else?

Thanks,

Brian