Subject: Re: little things that bother me
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Bramley <brams@mac.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/04/2005 22:57:30
Your running 2.0 on a Qube II?

I'd love love an idea how to do that having borked the 1.61 I had up and
running on mine not to mention I could use the pthread support of NetBSD 2,
I want to run a Zanka Wired server on mine which would not ./configure on
netBSD 1.61, complaining of pthread h.

I could not find an intelligible how to for somebody who's used to Mac OS X,
I installed NetBSD 1.61 from the Restore CD by Denis, but I tried to follow
a few fragmented bits of how to install NetBSD 2 on a Qube, I tried it from
4000 miles away SSH'd into the machine crossing my fingers and basically no
idea what I was doing though, and now my Qube does not phone home anymore.
I understood that I'd be able to put the generic bsd 2 kernel on there and
then update everything else (user land etc) after rebooting.  I removed the
old 1.61 kernel and then using uploaded the 2.0 GENERIC.tgz kernel into root
and that was two weeks ago and that was that.

Can you point me in the direction of somewhere that can pretty easily
explain how to get netBSD 2.0 up and running on a Cobalt Qube 2?.  I've got
access to the machine again in two weeks and then that will be it for about
a year.  (it lives in my house in the UK with my mother and I live in
Beirut, Lebanon)

Any info would be much appreciated

brams

--
 Suicide is man's way of telling God, "You can't fire me - I quit."