Subject: Re: Does NetBSD 2.0 work with the Raq2?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/28/2005 23:40:06
In article <Pine.NEB.4.61.0501271256180.27542@lain.ziaspace.com>
john@ziaspace.com wrote:

> However, when I was trying to apply these patches to the 2.0 tree, I
> noticed that there is no cobalt_pci_chipset struct at all in 2.0, amongst
> other things. Would it be simpler to pull much of this from current into
> 2.0 anyway?

Maybe rewriting the patch for 2.0 is trivial, but we could also
apply more diffs from -current:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2004/08/28/0006.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2004/08/28/0008.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2004/08/29/0009.html

> Also, that bootloader seems to not like ext2fs - I assume it's meant for
> UFS.

Our I think libsa/ufs.c supports only ffs, though ext2fs is
one of UFS implementations.

> So do you have a current kernel which is known to boot, which can be
> booted with the CoLo booter, and can use an NFS root? I think that should
> be good enough to get me to the point where I can do a proper disklabel
> and actually install NetBSD to this disk (finally!)

Hmm, you need a kernel for bootstrap which can be loaded by firmware?
Maybe we should have small INSTALL kernel (which is now in -current),
or 1.6.2 kernel?
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp