Subject: Does NetBSD 2.0 work with the Raq2?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/06/2005 14:21:45
Hi,

Ok, I've answered some of my own questions. I couldn't find anything about
booting into single user mode from the Cobalt: prompt, but I was able to
use the running GNU/Linux system to reset the password using the front
panel and reconfigure things.

Now I have a 2.0 kernel straight from ftp.NetBSD.org untargzipped and
re-gzipped on the disk as /boot/netbsd.gz (which is what I did for the
kernel that's on the NFS server). However, trying to boot this way:

bfd /boot/netbsd.gz

gives me:

Decompressing  done

but nothing else at all. Am I missing something, or is the kernel not
working? I guess I'll try a 1.6.2 kernel next...

Thanks,
John Klos