Subject: Re: "Starting up..." but going nowhere with 1.6.2 on RAQ2
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Jordan <krjordan@348north.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/06/2005 08:53:51
Thanks for your replies!

The only thing I could think of is that perhaps the laptop I was using to netboot from went to sleep or something in the middle of the install -- I had just started it and walked away.  Or, that image was poorly burnt perhaps.

To remedy, I happened upon my original 1.6.1 rescue disk and (with the laptop plugged in this time) netbooted from there.

Aaron -- thanks for the reminder on how to setup the ethernet quickly.  I had forgotten.

KP -- yes, it's 64Mb in there -- although I wish it were more.  I'm just not at liberty to pay that kind of money to upgrade a system that is more of a toy for me than anything.  But with more RAM and a larger HD I could do more with it, no doubt!

Andy -- what is the cheapest way to get serial access to the RAQ2?  I have an iBook and a Tungsten C; which would offer the best/easiest/cheapest way with the proper connection?

What is the route to updating to 1.6.2 from this fresh install?  What would it benefit?

Thanks again!

KJ