Subject: Re: Trying to get NetBSD running on a Cobalt Qube1 (2700WG)
To: Michael Holzt <kju@fqdn.org>
From: Janko Knops <polthemol@home.nl>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/04/2005 17:03:26
Michael Holzt wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>you now have the opportunity to show a debian/gnu linux developer the power
>of netbsd :-) But seriously: I'm trying to get some sort of unix/linux
>running on a Cobalt Qube1 (Model 2700WG). This is tricky on a machine
>without a serial console, and all my tries with linux failed. Therefore i
>decided to tryout NetBSD. I found the rescue cd, downloaded and burned it
>and then bootet from it.
>
>But it does not seem to work either: The Qube does netbook the NetBSD Kernel
>and after that the link led of the network adapter starts blinking in a very
>slow speed (say 3 seconds on and 10 seconds off or somethink like this) but
>nothing else happens.
>
>Any idea what i could do? I really would like to give NetBSD a chance.
>
>Regards
>Michael

I think that if the led keeps on flashing that way, your qube doesn't
find the netbootserver ( i had something like that with my qube2,
refused to do a netboot while connected to a hub, with crossover it
worked fine, so maybe worth a shot ? )

for some more info maybe this link is useful for you.

http://www.webservertalk.com/message420388.html

I just read it fast, but maybe it's of some help for you

good luck with it

Janko