Subject: Re: Trying to get NetBSD running on a Cobalt Qube1 (2700WG)
To: None <>
From: Michael Holzt <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/04/2005 17:08:26
> Good job to the Debian people for making a seamless and easy to deal
> with OS (other than install but I think that's coming along too).

Have you already tried our new installer coming up with the next release
(sarge)? Its a real major improvement to the pita installers we had before.

> I've personally never watched a netboot process via tcpdump so I don't
> know what to look for.

I've already utilised tcpdump and ethereal (latter one is more helpful for
this) and i can clearly see that the machine fetches the NetBSD kernel from
the boot server and after that nothing else happens. The blinking nic led
after this seems strange.

      It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks