Subject: CacheRaQ 2 Max HDD Size
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Freeman <mlfreeman@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/14/2004 16:42:48
I'm getting ready to clean up my desktop PC and realized I don't need
both a 250 GB and a 120 GB drive in there (I use ~30 GB of space total
now).  Could I pull the 120 GB drive and get it to work in my CacheRaQ
2, or is there some upper limit on something that I need to know
about?

It has a 12 GB drive now, but with a larger drive, it would make a
great fileserver.

Also, if it'll work, how would you fellow NetBSD/cobalt users suggest
I set up the new drive?
I see three options (bear in mind that the data and settings on the
unit don't need to be saved):
1. Make partitions by hand and copy the current setup over from the 12
GB drive now in the unit.
2. Make partitions by hand and uncompress the NetBSD 2.0 sets onto the
disk (with this, how do I install the new bootloader?)
3. Use the restore CD and then update from there (which would be like
what I did when I first got the unit).

Thanks,
Michael Freeman