Subject: postgre semaphores
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jebus <lordjebus@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/29/2004 15:21:20
I am trying to get postgre installed and this is the error I am
getting when trying to init the db.

creating template1 database in /usr/pkg/pgsql/data/base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=4, num=17, 03600) failed: No space left
on device

This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.

It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of
semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of
semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the
respective kernel parameter.  Alternatively, reduce PostgreSQL's
consumption of semaphores by reducing its max_connections parameter
(currently 1).

I THINK I understand the error but have noo clue how to fix it.

joe