Subject: Re: NetBSD installed outside of the Qube2 world
To: Colin Raven <duiker@haggis.nl>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/21/2004 22:48:36
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Colin Raven wrote:
> eeeeuuuuwwww, therein is the 'small details' that would prolly lill me: i.e.
> dos mbr + linux mbr w/ an appropriately named (and sized) kernel

That should be all documented in either the INSTALL.* files or the Cobalt
FAQ.

>> After that, you can proceed pretty much as usual, just extract/cross-build
>> the right binaries.
>
> also death - cross-building?

Death?

See here for some crossbuilding crash course:
http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/xdev.html
The build.sh syntax has changed a bit since then, run "build.sh -h" for
some help. src/BUILDING etc. may be good to read too.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)