Subject: more restrictive permissions
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/04/2004 21:33:10
Hi all;

I'd like to set up more restrictive permissions than default, but I"m
not totally sure of the best way to go without risking locking
something important out.

For users home directories, I don't have a problem with setting 700,
but what's the best way for /etc and similar? 700 should be OK, right?
root could do anything, processes that run as root could do what they
need, regular users would be out.  Except for /tmp of course.

Do I risk breaking some things by doing that?  IF so, what can I get
away with/ should I do instead?

Thanks,

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do