Subject: Re: success with netbsd-2-0?
To: <>
From: Colin Raven <duiker@haggis.nl>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/02/2004 18:12:13
Jamie Heilman wrote:

>dieter wrote:
>

>>Hmm. Then maybe my raq2's serial port isn't broken after all. I ony ever
>>tried using it on 2.0. I can also make it reboot by ftp'ing but I don't
>>have any details about it because of the lack of console...
>>
>>Is your serial port recognised, ie visible in dmesg?
>>

>In 1.6.2 yes it is, in 2.0 no.

If I may quickly jump in here....
I'm running 1.6.1 on a Qube2 and  ++_to the best of my belief_++  my
serial port isn't working...at least I'ved never gotten it to work from
1999 - today.
If it *is* working (and I'm just not aware of it) what would/should I
look for in dmesg?
And - as a followup, there is much mention of console sessions....are
you guys referring to hooking up a monitor directly to the serial port
(surely not? how would that work?) or are you instead referring to a
hyperterminal - or similar - connection? (FWIW I'm assuming the latter)
Regards & TIA,
-Colin