Subject: pkgsrc question-
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/23/2004 19:36:45
OK, I'm redoing many many things due to the holes in my includes that
occurred when I tried a 'make update' of a package (note to self- never
again!!).  I suspect it will be a while before I find everything that
got hit.

I'm getting some things, like this:

[...]
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/pkgsrc/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.6.13/example'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/pkgsrc/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.6.13'
=> Unwrapping files-to-be-installed.
===> Installing for libxml2-2.6.13nb1
===> libxml2-2.6.13nb1 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
*** If so, you may use either of:
***  - "pkg_delete libxml2-2.6.13nb1" and "/usr/bin/make reinstall" to
upgrade properly
***  - "/usr/bin/make update" to rebuild the package and all of its
dependencies
***  - "/usr/bin/make replace" to replace only the package without
re-linking
***    dependencies, risking various problems.
*** Error code 1
Stop.

What's up with that?  The versions are the same; usually it seems the
script will just leave the installed part alone and go on to the next
component.  But not here...

Forcing a delete (despite dependencies) and make reinstall worked here.
  But I think it's things like this that killed the "automagic" rebuild
of everything attempted by the 'make update' I'd tried a couple days
ago.  I'm glad I had time today to keep at this.

Thanks for thoughts,

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do