Subject: Re: newbie question
To: John Cobb <johnc@nobytes.com>
From: Guido Zeiger <guido.zeiger@mailprocessor.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/03/2004 16:25:40
Hi John,

for the original Restore-CD from Cobalt/Sun you didnt have to create
partitions
on the harddisk.

You need to connect the Qube via Corsover-cable or hub/switch to a PC
which has finished boot from this CD.
Then you should hold the left+right button and power-on the Qube....
The display should now displaying "Netbooting..."

The PC should habe a Network-Card from that types which are displayed
at the CD-ROM bootup.
Only with such a card the CD could find the network card and could
start the DHCP/NFS/TFTP/BOOTP-Server.

With the original CD the Qube could only recognize 32GB of the Harddisk
due Kernel-Limitations of the Cobalt-2.2-Kernel.

With NetBSD or Debian-Sarge the Qube could seee the whole 40GB of your
Harddisk.

For NetBSD ist also a RestoreCD available and Debian-Sarge-Info could
be found at
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/

Bye
Guido.