Subject: Re: Error messages in dmesg (regarding new IDE controller, new
To: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
From: Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/16/2004 19:11:00
Carsten,

 >wd1: soft error (corrected)

Not sure about this one.... Maybe Andy has some ideas? Perhaps this is just
due to the driver adjusting the DMA.. As said, the 40 pin cable seems to
cure all the messages, but probably isn't the right way to do it - works
for me though.. A hardware frig is easier than mucking about with the
drivers I think...

My Qube has been running with no problems for about 6 months now, the disks
take a severe hammering as it is my main server these days. I did need a
quick re-install a few weeks ago, but I think I broke something ;-) Maybe I
should leave it alone!

I'll be interested to hear if anyone else comes up with some ideas about
this..... to be honest, I'm not much of a guru and kernel/driver hacking is
a bit beyond me.

Kind Regards,
Pete.