Subject: Re: Buit in scsi?
To: NetBSD/cobalt <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/31/2004 07:33:55
On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 02:58 AM, Matt Dainty wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 04:30, Brian wrote:
>> On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 06:29 PM, Matt Dainty wrote:
>>
>>> currently have figures. I use the Qube entirely as NFS storage and I
>>> can
>>> get NetBSD to hang consistently trying to get files of approximately
>>> 500MB-1GB in size on and off the NFS mounts, it'll take about 4GB max
>>> before locking hard, anything after that is a bonus :-/
>>
>> Which NetBSD?
>
> Fairly sure it's 1.6.2, at the very least it'll be 1.6.1, I haven't
> resorted to trying -current on it yet.

How do you deal with the impact on syslog?  A cron job to clear it ever
hour or so?

It's a huge number of messages; I finally disabled SCSI in my kernel
(1.6.1) as I didn't want to deal with it.  I just sftp'ing everything
to a backup SCSI disk on another machine.  I was hoping that a change
in one of the newer releases would address this.

Brian
--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only