Subject: Re: Buit in scsi?
To: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/30/2004 14:49:03
In message <1093901427.15368.30.camel@lister.bodgit-n-scarper.com>Matt Dainty w
rites
>On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 21:56, Tom wrote:
>> Hi Andy,
>> I've got a RaQ2+ (with two tlp-devices) and the built in SCSI (Symbios)
>> works fine (tested with 1.6.1). The Qube 2 with an additional Adaptec
>> card (with no SCSI-BIOS) was running fine (I think it was the AHA2910).
>> Other cards should work also - but I haven't tested that. An Adaptec
>> AHA2940U (with SCSI-BIOS) didn't work for me - but may be this was a
>> faulty card.
>
>My Qube 2 has a 2940U (BIOS-less), and it functions fine, however I get
>a stream of kernel messages.

The OP should probably keep in mind some of the earlier posts this
month about the performance of our beloved Cobalt boxes.  I love
my Qube2 -- it's a great web and mail server, and I just bought a
second Raq2 for a song on E-Bay.  However, I wouldn't confuse either
of 'em with a high-powered server.

I typically see less than 1MB/sec on network transfers, so I suspect
that you might have some troubles keeping a tape drive streaming
with a Raq2.

Just a thought,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net