Subject: Re: Qube & 1.6.2
To: cd.30.chris94561@spamgourmet.com <cd.30.chris94561@spamgourmet.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/26/2004 15:07:38
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:30:33 -0400 (EDT),
cd.30.chris94561@spamgourmet.com <cd.30.chris94561@spamgourmet.com>
wrote:

> So, to ask again. Where is the 1.6.2 restore CD image? I found this but I
> don't thing it's a restore CD:
> ftp://iso.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.6.2/cobaltcd.iso work with
> Seems to me the restore CD: would be here:
> ftp://iso.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/cobalt/restore-cd/
>
> There is a message from Tom Eichstaedt on the 08/18/2004 anouncing he has
> compiled a rescue CD but nothing since.
>
> Chris

I don't think he has permission to upload to the site. He made it on
his own. Maybe if you ask him you can get a hold of it.

I was going to work on updating the CD, but honestly it's not really
necessary in my opinion until 2.0 is released. Installing 1.6.1 and
then upgrading to 1.6.2 is fairly trivial if you use the serial
console. If you don't have a serial console, then it's a little more
difficult.

Preparing the disk from scratch is not that difficult either, which is
why the restore CD seems to be more of a novelty than a necessity.
Granted, it is totally cool though... And it should live on, but I
don't know if it's worth updating it for every dot release.

Andy