Subject: Re: Booting problems and/or how to keep from having them
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Fr=F6hlich?= <phf@cs.ucr.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/23/2004 04:43:27
Hi all,

Sorry, I am a bit late with this thread... :-/

On Jul 27, 2004, at 10:34, Dale P. Smith wrote:

> To get around these problems, the current netbsd "rescue" disk installs
> a netbsd bootloader but renamed as vmlinux.gz so the linux firmware
> can load/run it.  It does not have the size limitations that the
> firmware loader has.  It (of course) knows about netbsd partions and
> netbsd kernel names, so you don't need to fiddle around with copying a
> new kernel to the linux partition anymore.

Wait. So *why* do I have big netbsd.gz files lying around in the
/boot/boot directory? Are you saying I could delete those and my Qube
would still work, booting from /netbsd? While we're at it, is anyone
sure which files *must* be in /boot? For example, can I kill the RAQ
something files? Not that I need the space, just curious... :-)

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich <><><><><><> http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~phf/