Subject: getting started with Qube 2
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/11/2004 18:51:47
Hello,

I just received a Qube 2 box and installed NetBSD 1.6.2; runs fine
so far. A few questions:

- Is there a way to select the boot device (without recompiling the
  kernel)? Before NetBSD was installed on wd0, netbooting the Qube
  worked fine: I was asked for boot (tlp0) and dump device (none) and
  for the root fs type (nfs). But now the boot device is always assumed
  to be wd0, even if I try to netboot the box (using
  'bfd /netbsd.gz nfsroot=/path/to/nfs/root').

- In the port-cobalt mailing list archive[1] I read about paneld, but
  can't find such a script in /etc/rc.d. In a different message[2] I
  saw a dmesg output containing 'lcd0 at mainbus0'; however, there's
  no such name (and no /dev/lcd device) on my system. What am I missing?

- I'm using a serial console, running at 115200 baud. If I connect
  at 9600 baud instead and hit a key (i.e. send a character to the Qube),
  the kernel drops into ddb. Is this a known bug, or should I send-pr?

TIA, Jukka

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2004/07/21/0010.html
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2004/07/12/0001.html

--