Subject: No output to the console
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/02/2004 06:59:28
I recently upgraded the entire Qube to 2.0-release from a release
build I did a few weeks ago. That all went OK. I then did a cvs update
of the 2.0-release source tree a few days ago, and built a new kernel
with virtually the same config file (the only differences were for the
semaphores use of memory for postgresql), and suddenly the serial
console stops logging anything. I think even the bootloader wasn't
coming through, but it was booting because eventually I could log in
from remote. It stopped right after the firmware started loading the
"kernel", which is actually the bootloader I think.

Any idea what's happening? I'm re-building using the config file from
the kernel that got built during the release build I did a few weeks
ago to see if it still works.

Andy