Subject: Cobalt: Network performance testing
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/27/2004 21:21:08
Has anyone done any network performance testing with the Qube2?

I am uploading a bunch of stuff to it because I wanted to do some
testing, and it's taking a while. I'm getting about 1 meg per second.
This is coming from a source machine with an Intel 10/100 card and
it's over a 10/100 hub. I can get over 3 times that going to another
netbsd machine, with the same network card as the source machine,
running 2.0F on i386, on the same network.

But I haven't done any network tuning at all. Maybe I should look into that.

I'm also going to take out the 200 gig disk I have it in now and put
the 14 gig back in for grins and try again.

Andy