Subject: Re: Cobalt Cube2 restore-cd
To: teichstaedt@t-online.de <teichstaedt@t-online.de>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/27/2004 13:41:37
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:45:43 +0200, teichstaedt@t-online.de
<teichstaedt@t-online.de> wrote:
> Inspired by Shons gigaCube ( http://www.shon.org/qube/ ) and because of
> your work
> I now have got THE allround server that fits all my needs (and many
> jealous friends).

Make sure it's stable for what you want to do. I think it's not 100%
clear that these things are stable yet. But it's pretty good.

> P.S.: Will the restore-cd-project go on (-> V1.6.2 -> V ... )?

I don't think it will be a huge deal to keep it going. I think it
doesn't make sense to try to make another CD until 2.0 becomes stable
though. I may look into making a new one if Dennis doesn't, but I
haven't found time to look into it lately. And it's really not all
that difficult to format a disk and install onto it and just stick the
disk into the Qube. That implies you have another box to set it up
with though. Since the Qube doesn't really function as a workstation
at all, the chances of that are probably highly likely :) I've got
builds of 1.6-release and 2.0-release that I'm playing with now
though.

Andy