Subject: Re[3]: Installation on 2.5'' disk fails
To: Pete Rushmere <pete@rushmere.org>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/21/2004 20:21:10
Pete,

this is not a stupid question. I supposed the same, but how do I know
if the Qube sees the i386 machine?

They are connected through a cross-over cable. The cable is plugged
into the primary network port of the Qube. When I switch on the
Qube (while pressing the left-right-keys) the green LED shines
permanently, but the yellow LED just flashes shortly about every 5
seconds - not a constant flicker that is normally indicating some
network traffic.

I could also connect both the i386 machine and the Qube to a router,
but the router has a DHCP server itself and I worry that the Qube will
fetch its IP address from the router, not the i386 machine.

The network card (Realtek) is still the same.

If there is no other chance, I will try a net install on another drive
to see if the i386 machine can be seen by the Qube.

Regards
Carsten