Subject: Re: Re[2]: Installation on 2.5'' disk fails
To: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/21/2004 11:12:05
On Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at 09:47 AM, Carsten Pache wrote:

> left and right arrow keys on the Qube and powered it up. The display
> of the Qube says "Net booting", but nothing more happens. After a
> while, I get the message "Jump_to_Real_Kernel: disk error, trying BFD
> again".

=10I think this is a master/slave jumper issue.

Is this the only drive in the unit, or do you have other drives in=20
place (like the guys you are emulating).

I've read a post a while back that (IIRC) indicated you have to jumper=20=

to master (rather than cable select or whatever other options you have)=20=

even though there is only one drive in place, and you'd think cable=20
select would work...

or something like that :)  Anyway revisit your drive jumpers and see if=20=

anything leaps out at you.

Brian

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that=20=

we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only=20
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American=20
public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt, speaking on President Wilson's crackdown on=20
dissent after the U.S. entered W.W.I