Subject: Re[2]: Installation on 2.5'' disk fails
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/21/2004 15:47:21
A> You just said above that you are trying to netboot? I haven't had any
A> luck netbooting mine either, with that same error. Or are you trying
A> to boot from the 2.5" drive? Have you tried using the restore CD to
A> install on the 2.5" drive?

I am trying to install NetBSD 1.6.1 on the 2.5" drive. Therefore I
connected the Qube and an Intel-based PC through a crossover-cable and
booted the Intel-PC with the NetBSD restore CD. Then I held down the
left and right arrow keys on the Qube and powered it up. The display
of the Qube says "Net booting", but nothing more happens. After a
while, I get the message "Jump_to_Real_Kernel: disk error, trying BFD
again".

Is there any other way to prepare the disk?

Carsten