Subject: Bigger power supply for Qube?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/18/2004 21:49:48
Does anyone have any recommendations on a commonly available 12v 4 or
5a power supply for the Qube? I'm starting to look through the
multitudes of laptop power adapters available, then I plan on
transplanting the DC side of this power supply to the beefier one, as
Pete has done (www.rushmere.net).

Just in case anyone wants to know:

When looking at the end of the jack, with the flat part upward, the
small pin in the upper left appears to do nothing. The one just below
it on the left is negative, and the one on the upper right is
positive. It's 12 volts DC of course...

I also think I can get around soldering in the power as Pete has done
by hacking up some drive power extender type cables commonly available
in bins at computer supply stores. If one shortens the actual female
ends, and uses some nice shrink wrap, I think it's do-able.

I still need to make those drive mounting plates too.