Subject: Re: Netbooting with the panel buttons
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/15/2004 16:57:12
--------------enig8C8FD1155CBF9FD9CF72A69F

Andy,

> So if I have this correct, I would want to put a kernel called
> vmlinux.gz in /nfsroot/boot on the nfs server, and then this should
> "just work" similar to how the disk is laid out by the remote CD
> install, correct?

I would this that this would be easier:

 >        2. Holding in all four cursor buttons while powering on boots
 > the kernel /usr/games/.doug .

This does not require you to have a separate machine off of which you
can netboot. It does require that you use all 4 buttons, though. Do you
care?

> I plan to make a little writeup of how to set up an nfs server, from
> beginning to end, with a different version of NetBSD so it can be
> tried over netboot.

AAh... that's why. Since you're going through all this trouble, you
might even be able to work on a NetBSD-2.0 netbootable installation CD, too.

-chris