Subject: Firmware clock doesn't like the 21st century?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/15/2004 10:08:29
I enabled the serial console diag mode (or whatever you want to call
it when you push the small pencil button when you boot), and I wanted
to set the firmware clock.

It takes YY, but not CC, so if you set it to 04 it wants to be in
1904. So it starts at 1900. That was kind an oversight, ya think?
Especially since the thing was only made just before 2000. Anyway,
NetBSD seems to not mind, as long as I set the time correctly to GMT,
I can then compile the kernel with RTC_OFFSET and it works. I need to
try NTP as well, I'm sure that works.

Trying to netboot a 2.0 release dist I built yesterday... Don't know
when I'll get to it but I'm hoping to run 2.0 release on the local
disk soon.

Andy