Subject: Re: Panic caused by connecting to the serial console?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/14/2004 15:03:54
* Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> [2004-07-14 14:57:20]:
> Ok, this one sounds strange, but it seems to be true. I've recreated it twice.
>
> When using Minicom to connect to the serial console, I've paniced the
> Qube. The initial setting in minicom is for 9600 8N1, which I promptly
> change to 115200 8N1 (which is the proper setting according to
> /dev/ttys). When I hit enter a few times, I get a db> prompt. Ugly. I
> think I might try a slower console setting.

It's going to the debugger because when you connect you're sending a
break on the serial console, and the kernel most likely has debug
options enabled. You can type 'continue' and the Qube will resume
whatever it was doing, at least it worked for me.

Matt
--
"Accept anything. Then explain it your way."