Subject: lcd driver not in netbsd-1-6?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/13/2004 14:36:14
I built a new kernel from netbsd-1-6 and installed it correct as far
as I can tell. I watched the boot messages from the serial console and
it complained about the lack of /dev/lcd...

So I went to /etc/rc and found that it's putting some stuff on the
panel, and the kernel config that comes with the Qube has an lcd
driver, but netbsd-1-6 doesn't. I don't particularly need to use the
panel, can I just comment out these lines in /etc/rc? I'm trying to
follow through to see where else this might stick me, but I don't
think it will. I'm not using paneld... I'll give it a shot later.

I see that this code for the panel exists in current and netbsd-2-0,
can I reasonably expect to build a release with the 2.0 tree and also
get it working? Anyone else tracking netbsd-2-0? I may build that as
well as current just to see what's going on recently...

Googling on this stuff doesn't give me very complete answers. I guess
I just need to get back into reading code. I'm not so good at it
though.

Andy