Subject: RE: Other qubes, raqs (actually, hard drive question)
To: None <wayne@tbnets.com>
From: J.N.M. Couzy <johan@couzy.nl>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/24/2004 19:51:14
 Hi Wayne,

That was actually not so very difficult.
I downloaded the precompiled stuff from netbsd.org.
Backed up my /etc directory.
Unpacked the new stuff and restored /etc.
Now I rebooted the qube and it came up well on 1.6.2
The I downloaded the kernel source, recompiled my kernel with the famous NIC
hack and the panel stuff.
Another reboot and everything worked fine again.
The I just recompiled all my previous stuff from pkgsrc.

NetBSD node-d-2b9b.a2000.nl 1.6.2 NetBSD 1.6.2 (COBALT) #0: Thu Jun 10
19:37:33 CEST 2004     root@:/usr/src/sys/arch/cobalt/compile/COBALT cobalt

It was some work, but I'm happy with it :=)

Johan