Subject: Re: Other qubes, raqs (actually, hard drive question)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/24/2004 17:55:32
Hi Chris!

I didn't mean to offend you nor did I know where you came from. Just for
info: The Qube II is also in use in Germany ;-)

I do not know whether the Samsung drive was more expensive than comparable
drives, but I remember Samsung as a manufacturer of lower-priced hardware.
So I would say that at the time when the Samsung drive costed $120, other
drives were sold at nearly the same price (at least in Germany).

Currently my Qube is equipped with an old 40 GB drive which is slow (around
1MB/sec) and not very quiet. Inspired by Pete Rushmere, I will install a 10
GB 2.5" drive (that was left over when I upgraded my laptop) in the Qube and
also add a 160 GB Samsung drive that lies next to my desktop, waiting to be
brought to life ;-)

Carsten,